Monday, August 18, 2008

Stake Conference

So, sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but life's just been rolling along pretty normally, and there hasn't been anything too exciting to write about. However, this past weekend we did have an incredible Stake Conference. Elder Ballard (yes, the apostle) came along with Elder LeGrand Curtis of the Seventy and they were both amazing. The theme of the conference was service and they both gave a lot of personal stories and had a lot of insight. Jeremy and I both felt very inspired to do more and give more of ourselves - a good reminder for everyone. So, it was a fabulous weekend. We both sang in the Stake Choir and I got to sit right behind Elder Ballard! I could have stroked his hair if I wanted to (but don't worry, I didn't). We did shake his hand afterward though, so that was pretty exciting.

So that's the latest with us. Next week my little sis is coming out to BYU!!! Yea! My mom is driving her out and then my dad is flying out later in the week. We're trying to convince my sister Amy and her family to come down from Boise too. (Amy if you're reading this, we reeeeaaaalllyyyy want you to come!) It's Jeremy's birthday next Friday so it will be fun to have family around. And it's a three-day weekend! Woohoo! I'll be sure to take pictures of his 27th birthday. :)

The garden is doing well too. Our tomatoes are fabulous and we're finally getting green beans! I was starting to think they were dead, but they're not. We've been making a lot of salsa fresh from our garden and it's been so fun to have fresh veggies. So that's us! I'll try and have something more exciting to post soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool is that? I love Elder Ballard's talks, lucky you for sitting so close. Have a great time celebrating and having family there.

hilary w said...

I am so glad you guys have a blog! Do you mind if I add a link to your blog on mine?

What a neat experience to have Elder Ballard at your stake conference. I bet it was so uplifting!