We had a great time in Tahoe. Thanksgiving day was mostly spent preparing the meal, eating the meal, and recovering from the meal. :) Friday we took family pictures. Everyone looked so nice and the pictures turned out pretty well. We also played a lot of games and visited and all of that. It was also my halfway day! Woohoo! I'm over 20 weeks now. Saturday we all went on a nice hike. The kids had fun avoiding the bear poop and looking for deer tracks and such.

Lucy was keeping Jeremy's ears warm. Her hands were the perfect little size for ear muffs!


Then we came back and made donuts! It was really fun. I had never made them before and they were quite delicious. We also made a maple glaze to put on top. Yummy! (Some pictures are hard to see because our camera over-exposes everything).


Yep, that's a lot of oil.



Jeremy also opened his Christmas present from Jared. He got a toolbelt and was very excited about it. He doesn't look so in the picture, but I think he's trying to look tough or something. :)

Then that afternoon, Becky, Debbie, Jeremy and I went to see Twilight!

I actually thought it was really good. I went into it with pretty low expectations, because movies made from books are never nearly as good as the books, but I really enjoyed it. I know they didn't have a huge budget, so some things could have been better, but overall I thought Edward was quite attractive and it was all pretty well done. I even want to see it again! And they announced that they're doing the sequel, and I'm sure they'll have more money to do it, so hopefully it will be good.
So we had a great trip and are happy to be home. We had a choir rehearsal at our house last night and it went really well. (An hour and a half after we got home. Whew!) Then I started putting up Christmas decorations and it looks so festive! We're going to get our tree tonight. Yea! So life is good and we're doing great. Thanks Nowlands for the wonderful Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
I agree, going into Twilight with low expectations results in being pleasently surprised. I liked it.
The hike and donuts were great too!
What a fun Thanksgiving you had! I saw Twilight, too, and was also pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.
Congrats on having a boy! Little boys are the BEST! I cannot tell you enough how much I love having a little buddy at home with me. You have such a wonderful life ahead of you!
Post a Comment