Chinese Chicken Salad
lettuce (I usually use iceberg)
chopped celery
chopped green onions
slivered almonds
mandarin oranges (I just use a can)
cooked chicken, chopped
crunchy chow mein noodles
Dressing:
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 T. sugar
1 T. soy sauce
2 T. rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. sesame oil*
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Mix together. Toss with salad just before serving. Yum!
*If you don't have it, you can use a little bit of creamy peanut butter. Sounds weird, but it tastes pretty good. Of course, sesame oil is best.
2 comments:
Yum! If there are 8 or less ingredients I am more likely to try it. :) I could probably pull this one off without even having to go to the grocery store.
Have you ever had "peanut sauce"? I wonder if the peanut butter substitution would make it taste like that. (I like peanut sauce flavor.)
I love Chinese Chicken Salad! Thanks for sharing.
PS Huge question/ favor to ask: Do you guys have a pack n play that you won't be using the week after Christmas? We are going to be in Provo with my family and I am looking for one to use, so we don't have to fly with one. If you have one, could we borrow it? :) Thanks, and Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment