Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival

The kids and I went with some friends down to the Tulip Festival down in Woodburn, OR on Tuesday. It was a gorgeous warm day and we were actually getting pretty hot by the end. The tulips were beautiful and so colorful! The kids weren't too interested in the tulips, but they loved the tractors, dirt, rocks, and playground at the end. I asked Eli what his favorite part was and he said "running around". I agree. It was nice to be out in the wide open spaces and feel free.

It was a really pretty drive down there too through all the farm land. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until I got home that I had a smudge on my lens, so all my pictures have a fuzzy spot on the left side. Oh well. I was pretty distracted juggling miss crazy-pants Anna most of the time anyway, so my pictures didn't get a whole lot of attention in the first place.

We went with Melissa and her 2 youngest boys - ages 5 and 2 - and Emily and 3 of her 4 kids - ages 5, 3, and baby. My kids were in heaven!
 Parking lot full of rocks. What more could you want?














 Miss Independent.

 Mt Hood in the background.

 These tire swings were so fun!
 Anna wants to do all the things her older brothers are too afraid. Super fun.
We're trying to cram as much Oregon beauty in as we can before we leave. It's a beautiful time of year here!

2 comments:

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

Those are the most beautiful pictures of the tulips! Thanks so much for sharing your fun times with us! I loved the picture of brave Anna trying to go up the slide:). Your children are absolutely adorable!

Wendy McNiven said...

Beautiful!!! Looks like a lovely day.