Monday, July 7, 2014

Home Sweet Home

 (Fox River Trail - walking distance from our house!)
Well, we are here! We made it. Emotions have been all over the place the last week from everyone, but we're starting to settle in a bit. Jeremy, Anna and I flew in last Sunday and then the boys came on Wednesday with Jeremy's parents. We managed to get a ton of unpacking done even though the truck was delayed and our stuff didn't arrive until Tuesday instead of Monday. It ended up working out though, because the place was not clean when we arrived Sunday night, so that gave us a chance to get that taken care of, along with registering Eli for school, doing some grocery shopping, getting internet set up, etc. etc.
 (Our kitchen on Tuesday. We've made a lot of progress since then!)

Jeremy started work on Wednesday and so far, so good! There were a lot of people gone on Thursday because of the holiday weekend, so he's still meeting people, but he seems to be happy and excited for the coming year. His official title is "Energy and Infrastructure Business Development Manager". It sounds important, right? ;) We attended our ward for the first time yesterday and it seemed really nice. The primary was a lot bigger than I expected and there are three other little boys in Eli's class, one of which will be in his kindergarten class! I just found that out today and I'm really excited about that. The nursery was extremely chaotic, with only male nursery leaders, but apparently they're working on making that better...Connor refused to stay and didn't even want to be in there with Jeremy or I. Anna loved it though and didn't want to leave when we took Connor out! (Less than 2 months!!)

We met some nice people and I got invited to do several things this week already. We went to a new friends' house this morning along with three other moms and a bunch of kids and that was really fun.  One mom has two boys the same age as Eli and Connor and several others have kids pretty close in age to our kids, including a girl almost exactly Anna's age. Hooray!
(Storm clouds Monday evening outside of Costco - oh yeah!)

For those wondering, the weather has been diverse. We've had some hot muggy days (like today) and last week we had some absolutely perfect days. It's been great! As far as moving goes, it's hard to start over again and it's rough on the kids, but hopefully we'll get acclimated quickly. The house we're in is really nice and although we don't have a private yard, we have a ton of grass around (that we don't have to mow!), so I think it will suit us pretty well this year. I have a ton of pictures to put up from the last two weeks, so I'll try to get going on those soon...

For now, here's a picture at the park right by our neighborhood. We've been here twice already and we pretty much had the entire 50-acre park to ourselves. Pretty nice!

2 comments:

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

Wow it looks beautiful there! My emotions have been all over the map worrying about all of you! Moving is hard but I am so grateful for the church:)! I can't imagine moving without the support of loving saints to welcome you in. You have such a great attitude and it sounds like the kids are going to have a great time with lots of kids their age. I am happy you have been invited to do some fun things and as time goes on you will feel at home. I love all of you and have been thinking of you. Hugs and kisses for the kids.

Mimi Nowland said...

I am glad that things and people are settling in, I know that moving is not the easiest thing to do with small children. You seemed to handle everything so well. Would you please tell your darling children that we sent them all big hugs? Thanks!