Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Family Trip to the Zoo

Jeremy had a random Monday holiday off in August, so we took a family trip to the zoo! It was an unseasonably cool and rainy day, but it made for fewer crowds which was great.

 Jeremy with his fave - the leopard.
 We started out in the Insect World, which was a true labor of love for me. Giant bugs? Yeah, not really my thing.

 African hissing cockroaches: the stuff of nightmares. So gross.

 Anna had been begging to go on the train every time we've been to the zoo, so I finally obliged and I took the girls while the boys went to see something else. As you can see, Grace was not quite as excited as Anna and I.

 She cheered up with the lions.
 We got to see sleeping Fiona! Fiona is quite the famous baby Hippo around these parts. She was born premature, but is doing very well. Here she is right behind/below her mama.
 Goooo Cougars!

 The only disappoint was that we didn't get to see the cheetahs run. Eli and I got to see them on his field trip and it was awesome, but because of the wetness that day, they didn't do it. We did get to see them pretty up close and personal though, which was fun.

It was a fun family outing!

No comments: