Friday, September 1, 2017

Anna 4.5 update

I decided I needed to do some updates on the kids, so since they are all coming up on their half birthdays, that will be a great time to do it!

It is hard to believe Anna will be starting kindergarten next year! This is my last year with her home all day. I thought she would be really sad when the boys went back to school, but she seems to really be enjoying being the oldest at home. She has a hard time sometimes with two boys older than her that often band together, so she's having a good time being a little more in control.

Anna started gymnastics this month and is thriving! She is really strong and flexible, so I thought it would be a good fit for her. She really enjoys moving her body and doing physical things and I was right, it is definitely her kind of thing! The first day there was only one other girl there and the second day Anna was the only one! So she got a private lesson which was great. (Although I'm hoping some other kids join since that would be fun for her to make some friends). The teacher seems to be amazed by her jumping ability and strength and I was impressed with how much her teacher had them do. They started off with stretches and some warm-ups and then they did the balance beam, cartwheels, the high bar, vault, somersaults, trampoline, and more. Anna is in heaven!

Anna has also really enjoyed coloring lately. She was never interested in it earlier like the boys were, but just lately she has been drawing Jeremy and I pictures and writing little notes (with our help) and giving us these gifts all wrapped up in lots of tape. :) It's very sweet. She is also a great little helper to me throughout the day and is content running errands or entertaining herself at home while I do chores or catch a nap on the couch...hehe (sometimes she joins me for a nap, too). She's always willing to help out with Grace too by getting her toys or her binky or trying to distract her when she's throwing a fit (which happens a lot these days...)

Sometimes I forget Anna is only four since in many ways she's very mature for her age, but she still is a four year old and I'm glad she has another year before school. She is my little buddy and we love her so much!
 Anna pushing her bike up our big hill like a boss. She rides this big bike like a champ!





2 comments:

Heidi Worsham said...

Oh my goodness, I bet she is AWESOME at gymnastics! I remember going to gymnastics and hating it (and then quitting), so kudos to her! Anna is maybe just a bit more adventurous than I was as a 4 year old though... ;) Hehe.
She is such a fun girl. She makes me excited to have my own little girl! :)

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

Anna is so cute! I am in awe of her strength!