I am way behind on blogging. I don't know what happened. But I have a lot to catch up on! I'm just going to blog about it all. You can take a few days to read it if you need to. We'll start with last week. My mom came into town on last Monday afternoon (yes, way back in October). Eli and I picked her up from the airport and then we had dinner and family night and watched Dancing with the Stars. :) Then on Tuesday, Eli had his
6-month check-up on his 6-month birthday! It was a cold an snowy day, but we made it and it was successful. He weighs (or weigh
ed last Tuesday) 18 lbs. 6 oz. (67th perc.) and he is 27.4 in. long (82nd perc.). He was a little smaller in the percentiles this time for height and weight but his head size was bigger. Haha! His head is 18.1 in. around which puts him in the 96th percentile. All those brains. :)
So then we spent the rest of the day cooking and chatting. Heidi came up for dinner that night and we had a good time eating, doing her laundry, practicing for her concerto, watching So You Think You Can Dance, talking, and planning her schedule for next semester. Jeremy had bishopric stuff that night so it was fun to have some girl bonding. Then on Wednesday, my mom, Eli, and I went out to lunch with my grandparents at Sweet Tomatoes. Yummmm. Then they went down to Provo to watch Heidi's rehearsal and I went home and put Eli to bed. That night I drove down to Provo to meet my mom for the
Kings Singers concert (which I already blogged about). Again, it was so good! We went out to ice cream with Heidi and 2 of her roommates after and then came back home.
Thursday we went over to my grandparents' house for lunch along with 3 of my aunts (dad's sister and 2 sister-in-laws). That was fun to have some more girl time along with Eli and Grandpa. :) Then that afternoon we dressed Eli in his cute pumpkin costume and went into Jeremy's work. Every year before/on Halloween they tell the employees to bring their kids in for trick-or-treating. Of course Eli didn't trick-or-treat, but it was still fun to go around and meet some more people I hadn't met and give my mom the full tour. That night my mom went down to Provo again to watch Heidi's basketball game. Friday was the last day she was here. I don't think we did much that day, but we enjoyed chatting again and then I took her to the airport that afternoon.

Then Saturday was
Halloween! We had a ward trunk-or-treat/lunch that day, which was very fun. That night we just stayed home and passed out candy to the cute kiddos. We got about 20 kids, which probably doesn't sound like a lot to some of you, but it's a pretty good number for our neighborhood.

Since then we haven't been up to anything terribly exciting. Jeremy just started playing basketball on Wednesday nights with our stake and I've been having lots of fun with Eli. It's been beautiful weather this week so it's been fun to go on walks together and enjoy the sunshine.
Eli is getting so big! He now can sit up by himself for quite awhile. I always sit him up on the bed while I get ready and he just entertains himself like such a big boy. His favorite toys are cell phones and paper; yep, just a piece of paper. And right now he's playing with the TV remote, so I guess that's up there with the cell phone. He has 2 teeth on the bottom now (boy was that fun), and he eats rice cereal, sweet potatoes, bananas, avocados, apples, and as of yesterday peas. Oh how lovely are those diapers now. Eck. He is also experimenting much more with his voice. He makes the most interesting sounds sometimes ranging from low grunts to high squeals and he definitely keeps us entertained.

I took these a few days ago. The pillows are to help him, but even now he doesn't really need them. Oh, and yes his hair continues to stick straight up and is definitely the most talked about thing when we meet new people ("Look at that hair!" "Do you style it that way?" etc....)

So that's the update finally! I'll be better from now on. I hope you're all well! Congrats if you made it through all that...
8 comments:
I love your blogging! It gets me inpsired. I love the pictures of Eli and your commentary on your life. You and Jeremy are truly amazing. I love spending time with you and Eli. What a wonderful family.
Who gave him that cute outfit? haha :) It was fun seeing you at Costco!!
Hahaha, I love how his hair sticks straight up. It's like he stuck his finger into an electrical socket or something :) Too cute!
He is the cutest ever- that is saying a lot coming from a mom with three cute boys of my own!
I can hardly believe how happy he always seems! I can't wait to give him some loves and laugh with him! In the bottom photo I can see a lot of Astle. The hair reminds me of Jared. Maybe we can find some fun photos while you are here helping. Love, love, love that boy. I need to plan some more trips to UT!
Eli is incredibly cute! Sounds like you had lots of fun with Mom.
I am glad that you had a fun visit with your mom with lots of girl time! I know that it has been said, but I just can't resist! I love that hair and his smile!
no tasty recipes today??
Post a Comment