Monday, February 8, 2010

Thanksgiving in February

We had a fabulous weekend. It was our Stake Conference this weekend, so I got to have Jeremy around all day yesterday!!! It was great. :) But I'll back up. Friday night we stayed home and relaxed together. Saturday Jeremy watched Eli so I could go get my haircut. Yay! It had been a few months. That evening, Heidi and 3 of her friends (girls she's planning on rooming with next year) came up to babysit Eli so Jeremy and I could go to the adult session of Stake Conference. They successfully him put to bed and everything! So we went out to dinner afterward and then came home and visited with them until midnight. (It's been awhile since I've been up that late.) Heidi was so cute. She brought me a cookbook and a box of chocolates. Why? Just to be sweet. And sweet it was. :) Thanks Heidi!

Then on Sunday we went to Conference and came home and prepared our turkey feast! Yep, we cooked a turkey yesterday. Crazy, I know. I'd been wanting to cook one for awhile. We saw this recipe on America's Test Kitchen a long time ago and we've been wanting to try it. It sounded fun and it was absolutely amazing. I've put the recipe on my other blog if you want to check it out. We didn't go all out with traditional Thanksgiving fixings, but I did make rolls, and of course we had potatoes and gravy. So we have tons of leftover turkey, some of which I put in the freezer and I'm in the process of making some turkey stock right now. Mmmmm. Anyway, then last night we went to my grandparents' house for their "Family Night" they have every month. It's always fun to see everyone, especially since we hadn't been to one in awhile.

Anyway, it was a great weekend! It was nice to be able to sleep in on Sunday. Saturday is usually the only day either of us gets to sleep in, but this weekend we had 2 days, so Jeremy slept in on Saturday and I slept in on Sunday. Wonderful! Eli has been moving SO much lately. Still no traditional crawling, but he is doing this army crawl thing and he's getting a lot faster at rolling and scooting around. It always amazes me when I look up after looking away for just a minute or two and find him in a totally different spot from where he was before. It's pretty fun! And he loves it too. He gets a little bit giddy when he finally reaches whatever object he's been scooting toward. :) Here are a couple of pictures...

Tired after eating:Playing with dad:

5 comments:

Wendy McNiven said...

Yum! I love turkey and mashed potatoes and rolls and everything you cook! Eli is as cute as always, and Vanessa did the army crawl thing for a long time before she actually did a "normal" crawl. It didn't slow her down at all, though!

Kristin said...

I'm glad you got to sleep in! That's one thing I'm trying to enjoy while I have the time (on weekends). Turkey dinner sounds good! I've never officially made a turkey myself so it would be good for me to try.

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Looks delicious! I almost bought turkey at the store yesterday- I should have. Eli is so cute.
I made your oat bread yesterday and it is yummy despite the fact that I totally messed it up. I should never cook while I am on the phone (talking to Wendy). I was putting it in the pans when I realized I hadn't added any oats to the oat bread!

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

Sarah you are truly amazing! You continue to inspire me and such cute pictures of Eli!

Christina Bishop said...

He is getting so big!! And he has such a cute little smile. Yay for sleeping in! Sounds like a good weekend.