Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Wedding!

The Wedding!  What a fun day.  Heidi and Sam got married in the Sacramento California temple.  It's only about 25 minutes from my parent's house - so it was really nice!  It wasn't built when my sisters or I got married, so it was a new experience!  It is a beautiful temple.

Here are Connor and I at my parents' house before we left that morning.  All the grandkids had matching outfits.  It was very cute!
Jeremy and Connor outside the temple waiting for Heidi and Sam to come out.
The sealing was beautiful!  It was so wonderful and sweet to see them so happy surrounded by loved ones.  I got to go into the bridal room after the sealing and help Heidi get ready which was also very special.
And here they are!
Mid-hug:
Being attacked my nieces and nephews. :)
My immediate family.
Me and my siblings: Wendy, me, Heidi, Amy & Steve
After pictures we headed over to the church for a nice luncheon.  Somehow I managed to escape without pictures, but it was really nice.  They had a little program - my family sang, all the girls in my family sang, Sam's brother and I spoke about Sam and Heidi, etc., etc.

Then we headed back to my parents' for naps (woohoo!) and then we went to the reception that night.  It was beautiful with all the Christmas-y kind of decorations.

Here are the ladies.  My dress wasn't quite that shiny I promise.  The flash made it a little shinier than it was. :)
Posing in front of an awesome flower arrangement.
Our attempt at a family picture - again with the shiny dress - wow.
Amy's family (sorry Wendy! I didn't get one of you!)
Enjoying some punch.
Eli latched himself on to my cousin Kylie.  They were very cute.
Grammy (Jeremy's mom) and Connor
It was a wonderful day!  It was nice to just enjoy it and come home to lots of leftover cake!  Haha.  But seriously, it was so great and I'm so happy for Heidi and Sam!

5 comments:

Wendy McNiven said...

You have some beautiful pictures! Your dress was gorgeous, and I think it looks lovely in the pictures, not too shiny at all. In fact, I wish my dress "matched" yours and Amy's better. :) It was fun to be there.

Anonymous said...

I love your outfit you wore to the temple! It was so fun to see Heidi and your mom and dad and meet Sam at their Utah reception.

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

Sarah you are amazing! You are truly the queen of blogging. I am excited everyday to see what is coming next. You had some very nice pictures and I thought your dress was stunning:)!!!

The Heidster said...

I LOVED your dress. If I hadn't have gotten married that day... I would've worn it instead. ;)

Annakaisa said...

Heidi looks beautiful and happy!!
And you look great too Sarah!

Nothing like temple weddings; they are so beautiful.