Friday, December 18, 2009

Crazy birds, part deux

Remember this post a year ago? Well, apparently it's a yearly thing. These birds are insane! Last time there were enough to fill one lawn, this year they were EVERYWHERE! I was too creeped out to go outside, but I snapped a few pictures through the windows.
And then they flew away.
Yeah, creepy.

So I know I've been MIA lately, but in the words of my friend Becca, "seriously, who has time to blog faithfully in December?" We have been busy busy lately. I went to California last week to help Jeremy's family prepare to move. It was fun to see Eli with all four of his grandparents and it was nice to visit and help out. This week has been eventful too. Jeremy had a Christmas party last night for all the executives and department managers at his company. It was at a really nice Italian restaurant in Salt Lake. It was fun to meet more people that he works with along with their spouses. And the food was DELICIOUS! Our great friends David & Kristin babysat Eli for us. Thank you!

I've also been baking up a storm! I'm planning on putting up the recipes to my goodies sometime soon. Next on the list: ward Christmas party tomorrow night, Christmas program at church on Sunday, laundry and packing on Monday, and then we drive to California on Tuesday! We're getting really excited for Christmas! Hope you are too. :)

5 comments:

Wendy McNiven said...

I'm excited!
Those birds are pretty amazing.
Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

That is pretty crazy about the birds. Creepy.

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Crazy birds for sure. I feel bad for Jeremy's family moving in December. That was so nice of you to help them out. I hope you have a great Christmas.

Joyful Noise said...

Dad says the birds are starlings. They travel in big flocks. They are just scavenging for food. They are the same birds that were used for the moving "The Birds". They are harmless, but they sure look impossing.

Kristin said...

It was so fun for us to be with Eli! Thank YOU! :)
The birds are really weird.
It makes for a cool post though. Those pictures are awesome!