I tried to blog about this yesterday, but it wasn't loading my pictures. So I decided to finish it this morning. It turns out that it's almost an exact clone of my sister Amy's post, so if you'd just like to look at hers, go over to my blog roll on the right. :)
We had a fabulous Thanksgiving. We were in Nampa, ID from last Tuesday night until Sunday. Oh my goodness, our Thanksgiving feast was AMAZING! We spent a lot of the day Wednesday cooking. We made 6 pies with 4 different types of crusts: 2 pumpkin, blackberry, pecan, raspberry cream, and apple.



Yum! And the dinner was amazing. We tried some recipes we hadn't tried before and everything turned out so great: turkey, stuffing, rolls, potatoes, gravy, spinach gratin, fruit salad, green salad, sweet potato casserole, green beans, corn, homemade cranberry sauce, and homemade jam. (I hope I didn't forget anything).
Amy has a great kitchen for lots of cooks!

Mom and her beautiful rising rolls:

Heidi, Jeremy and Seth ready to EAT!

After the feast:

Playing Christmas duets in our PJs one morning:

Also, on Thanksgiving day we got a call from Jeremy's brother Jonathan announcing his ENGAGEMENT!!! Woohoo! He and his lovely fiance Shannon are getting married on May 29! Congratulations Jon!

So it was really fun spending time with our family and relaxing. We watched lots of weird alien movies and shows. Haha. It was kind of weird and I'm not sure how we got on that, but they were fun. We watched Invasion, The X-Files movie, and the first four episodes of the new show V (so good!). We also got some separate girl/boy bonding time. Friday morning all the men went shooting. They felt very rugged and manly when they got home. :) Then that afternoon, all the girls went to see New Moon. I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it! It was way better than the first movie (which wasn't very hard to do) and it was fun to have some girl time.
All the girls (Brenna didn't go see the movie):

We enjoyed great leftovers all weekend and just had a lot of fun being together. It was a miracle our little family escaped healthy though. All of Amy's kids were either recovering from being sick, or just getting sick and then Rob started feeling sick and Heidi got super sick. Bummer. :( But so far we're still okay!
Bishop Astle being very studious:

On Sunday, Amy and I sang "O Divine Redeemer" in her ward with Heidi accompanying us. Here we are holding our babies and practicing:

One of my favorite things about the weekend was seeing Eli and his cute cousin Russell together. They're only 5 1/2 months apart and they were so cute together! Russell just starting to walk, so he was able to come over and steal Eli's toys away, but they still got along okay. :) And we got lots of cute pictures. Here are way too many pictures, but they're so cute!





It was a great time! We came home Sunday night and had a ward choir rehearsal. Then on Monday night we went and got our Christmas tree! More to come on that later...
4 comments:
I love your posts! You have some great pictures! I forgot to mention the New Moon excursion.
We had so much fun with you all. Thanks for coming and I am glad you are not sick.
Sarah you are so good at posting. I love you and thanks for always listening to me. You are a wonderful daughter! I had so much fun seeing you and our fun family.
Your pictures are so fun to see! Thanks for sharing! Russell and Eli are too cute!
Your sister has my dream kitchen, FYI. GORGEOUS.
I love the cousin pictures--that's so much fun :)
Post a Comment