First off, here's a cute picture of my adorable children so I won't get in trouble for not putting up any pictures. Stripey alligator shirts!
We move to Alabama in 2 days. So here's the deal.
- The packing is going pretty well. Jeremy has his last of 5 finals tonight at 6 pm and then we'll be working working working tomorrow to get ready to go. I'm not sure why we do this to ourselves. When we moved from Utah to Pittsburgh, Jeremy worked right up until the very day we loaded the truck. Why are we so insane? I told myself that would never happen again, so this time we gave ourselves A DAY. What can I say, we're psycho workaholics. Maybe there's a group we can join.
- BUT we're not moving moving, just sort of moving. I found this awesome-save-our-lives roof bag thing that we can put on top of our car, so that pretty much doubled the amount of stuff we can bring. I have a looooong list of kitchen stuff I'd like to bring, but Jeremy keeps giving me funny looks when I tell him, so maybe that's not quite realistic. (He's a good packer! It could work!)
- However, I have come to realize that we are, indeed, AWESOME packers. The rolling method allowed us to fit ALL of our clothes in one big suitcase with ROOM TO SPARE. What does this tell me? I need new clothes. I couldn't believe what little space my clothes took up! I realized I wear the same 3 shirts pretty much everyday, so I threw in some others to make myself feel better, and we called it good. :)
- There are a few things I wish would fit in the car, like my bed, my piano, my couch, kitchen table and chairs, etc., etc. But there are also things I'm saying good riddance to - like our window ac units (it has been a hot week!), noisy upstairs neighbors, smelly leaky moldy basement, people who wear shoes and have teeth (oops! how did that get in there??)...etc. etc...
In all reality though, we are really excited. Jeremy is chomping at the bit to get back to work. He's been in contact with the guy who hired him and with his direct supervisor there and already has his job description/responsibilities and has been doing some reading to get ready to jump in with both feet. It makes me happy that he's so enthusiastic about it. And I'm ready for a summer of fun! Hehe. I know it will be super hot and humid, but we're going to have a yard, a nice little neighborhood we can walk in, a husband who's around more, and the most gorgeous beaches a couple hours away. Sure we will have no furniture, but hey! There are more important things. :) I'm just happy we'll all be together sharing in this fun adventure.
So here we go! To the south! To the land of cotton!
"Awaaay, awaaay, away down south in Dixieee!" (that's been in my head all week...)
5 comments:
If you ever find a P.W. Group- tell me about it. :) Sometimes I think we should be in it too!
Good luck with the move! It was fun reading about your happenings!
Hah.. your little "we will never do this again"-story made me laugh. That is so how life is! :)
Good luck, Sarah! Hmmm, couldn't help but think a bit when I read your post about how in about five weeks we have no place to put our pianos, bed, couch, kitchen table, etc. Maybe we'll bring them to you! :)
Huzzah!!! :) Wow, how exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Sarah you are the queen of happiness! I admire and love that about you. You count your blessings and know what is important in life. I am so proud of you. I am excited to hear all about your adventures in Alabama. Enjoy your time with having your husband home more and those adorable little boys. Life is blessed when you have Jeremy, Eli and Connor. Everything else is just "gravy". I appreciate you sharing your life through this blog. It makes you being far away a little easier.
Post a Comment