Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Salmon Fishing pt. 2 - Salmon Fishing :)

Alrighty, on to the good stuff.  Here are a few pictures Jeremy took from the boat:

 Aww, fer cute...
And here are some I took when I met them getting off the boat.
 The boat coming in....Jeremy's in the white hat




 Happy fisherman!
 Saturday's catch.  Jeremy got the biggest on the boat that day!  And George got the biggest on Friday.  Way to go guys!
 So proud!
 Now they could have paid to have the fish filleted there, but Nowland men don't do that.  Nowland men fillet their own fish. :)
 Eli was watching intently.
 Our feast Sunday night!  Doesn't get much fresher than that.
And at my mother-in-law's suggestion, I took a picture of my beautiful freezer now stocked full of berries, peaches, and fish.  This is how we do "frozen dinners".  Thank you, Pacific Northwest!

5 comments:

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

Oh my goodness that looks so tasty:)!! I love the pictures with Eli watching the big men. What a fun trip for Jeremy and his dad to do together. Jeremy is blessed to have such a great family and so are you! We love you all and thanks for sharing your fun adventures. I loved the freezer pictures with your "frozen dinners". You are too cute Sarah:).

Joyful Noise said...

I LOVE your freezer! So proud of you and all your hard work to feed your family good pure food! Great job! And I love your comment about Nowland men filet their own fish...isn't it the truth...crazy guys (but we do get more fish to eat than the people that pay someone...

Mimi Nowland said...

I won't be mentioning this post to Jared, he would be too sad. Love all your posts!

Wendy McNiven said...

Wow, pretty awesome! That is really neat.

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Ooh I am very jealous of your stocked freezer! Do Nowland men train other men because I might have some Weaver boys who should learn how to do that stuff!