Which leads me to some pictures! I took quite a few pictures of our house a couple months ago, but realized I never put them up so now there is documentation of what our house looked like then and now. We're only going to be here 8 more months, so this is probably all I'll do in terms of decorating - which is not much - but it is what it is. We're lucky to have such a great house. Of course it's not perfect, but it's pretty darn awesome.
So...here we go.
This is when you first walk in the door and you look to the right. This is how it used to look, with our table in the dining room. The "problem" is that this house really is too big for us, so we have some empty spaces, but that makes for great spots for the boys to play soccer when it rains for days on end, like it's been doing since Friday... :)
Lovely windows.
And this is what it is now.
Not very aesthetically pleasing, I know, with that giant empty space, but it's very functional. We've created a little playroom where the dining set used to be and I love it.
And that doorway leads into the kitchen so the kids can play while I do dishes/cook and it's great.
And the kitchen! I love love love love the kitchen. Our counter space in Pittsburgh was a joke so this is cooking heaven. Of course the cupboards and appliances are very out of date (they remind us both of the homes we grew up in - hello 80s!), but as I said before, it's very functional. I can fit all my dishes, pots, pans, appliances, and a lot of food. It's a miracle!
(All these pictures were taken before we rearranged everything)
I love the large "L" counter. I use that the most and I can look out at the backyard and it is awesome.
So above is what it used to look like in our kitchen nook. We also had Anna's swing in there most of the time. It was great, but since these pictures were taken, we took the swing down, moved the desk out, and put our table in here. It's a little tighter - especially when we expand it - but it's nice to have it in there, especially with Anna
And the family room! The only thing sorely missing from this room is an overhead light! Sigh. We have 2 floor lamps that do an adequate job, but with the sun going down earlier these days we are missing the light.
Above: This is looking from the kitchen nook/back slider. Below: from the entryway. Again, the house has great windows!
Don't you love the brass on the fireplace? Hahaha, rrrright...we are excited to use the wood fireplace this winter though. It's been getting chilly lately!
And here are the kids' rooms.
Totally boring I know, but they are perfect little rooms for them. We also have TWO bathrooms AND a laundry room. This is our first time having a laundry room and I love it so much! You walk through it to get out to the garage and I just think it's the greatest thing ever. It has a sink AND cupboards AND a closet. Amazing. And of course we have a bedroom too - with a walk-in closet and master bathroom - but I didn't take any pictures of it. Sorry. Deal with it.
And not to be forgotten, our garage! We were pleasantly surprised to find out how awesome this garage is when we got here, since we didn't know anything about it other than there was one. It is extra wide, deep, and tall, so it fits both of our cars plus a ton of other stuff very easily. It has lost of cabinets and shelves and the boys can ride their bikes in there when it's raining. :)
That's it! I put pictures of the yard up a few months ago. We love it too. It's nice living in so many places because I feel like by the time we're ready to buy a house again, we'll really know what we do and don't like. (i.e. yes on the disposal, no on the pink bathtub). I can't believe we have to leave here in such a short time, but I try not to think about it too much. For now we're enjoying feeling more comfortable and actually having a few friends. It's a good life.
4 comments:
I loved your post about all of your decorating/rearranging! You are so artistic and always make your home beautiful and homey. Your family is so adorable and I love how you have made your home such a joyful place for your family. Your children are blessed to have you as their mother.
Wow your house is soooo nice! I am so happy you have such a lovely place to live I agree with you- the windows are wonderful!
WOW!!! Your house is amazing!!!! Holy cow you have sooo much space. I love the windows. Lucky girl. :)
Ditto what everyone else said. The windows are awesome, the all the rooms and the kitchen have so much space. It looks like a great house!
Post a Comment