Thursday, October 22, 2009

Picnic

I tried to post this on Monday, but it wasn't letting me put up pictures, and then I kind of forgot about it until now. Oh well.

Last weekend was a great weekend. Jeremy had a really busy work/church week last week, so we spent a lot of time relaxing last weekend. Friday night we got Chinese take-out and watched a movie. Then Saturday morning Jeremy had a Priesthood Leadership meeting for our Regional Conference. It was a BEAUTIFUL day on Saturday so after Jeremy got home, we went to a park up by the lovely mountains and had a picnic. It was the perfect temperature, the sun was shining, and it was a great day to enjoy the fall colors.
Family portrait:
Then we spent the rest of the day watching cooking shows (America's Test Kitchen on PBS - it's Jeremy's favorite; it's very scientific about how they find the best ways of cooking things; it's really fun though, and we always end up drooling over everything they cook), going to the grocery store, making fresh apple cake and playing games with our friends, the Sanders. Sunday we had our Regional Conference and it was really great. President Monson spoke, along with Elder Hales, Elder Costa, Sister Matsumori, and the temple presidents of the Jordan River and Salt Lake Temple. Quite the line-up, eh? Then we enjoyed the rest of the day being home. Sundays are usually really busy, so it was nice to have a little break. That was our weekend!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I have the Best Recipes of 2008 (?) by America's Test Kitchen, and I'm freaking crazy about that cookbook. I swear, everything I've tried from that cookbook has been golden.

Wendy McNiven said...

Wow, that looks so fun. I absolutely love, love, LOVE the fall colors and the brisk fall air. It is such a beautiful time of year. I'll have to try the soup, too, it looks delicious!

Mimi Nowland said...

I loved the family shadow picture. I am glad that you were able to spend some quiet time together as a family. It seems so hard to do these days.

Angie said...

Aww, looks like the perfect weekend. I love that you guys do fun things As a family like that picnic. I want to be like that when we have kids! Glad you had a great weekend. And apple cake? I hope that recipe goes up soon!

Kristin said...

We loved hanging out with you guys! (As we always do.) Thanks for being such great friends to us. And the apple cake was super delicious too.

Cute family photo at the top of your blog. :)