Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Apple Picking!

We have really been living up Jeremy's Fall Break.  It's so weird, last year he had a 3-day weekend for a fall break, and this year he has almost 2 weeks.  I'm not complaining though, it has been amazing!  We had some really chilly weather a couple weeks ago, but this week has been sunny and warm.  Awesome!

Last year I really wanted to go apple picking, but it didn't happen, so I wanted to make sure we did it this year.  We went with our friends, the Arnetts, on Monday and it was so fun!  There was hardly anyone else there, and the boys all had a great time picking (and eating) apples.  We got a half bushel - over 20 pounds! The scenery was beautiful and we drove through some pretty incredible neighborhoods to get there.  Fun!

I took 70 pictures in the 2 hours we were there, so I'll try to condense..
 Ahh, farm land.  I don't know why it's so beautiful, but it is.

 Eli and Joey picking apples.  They did a great job. :)
 Can you find Jeremy in there?
 Moses and Connor enjoying the apples.
Friends!  I keep forgetting Mary's due in less than 2 weeks because she's such a trooper and never slows down!
 Mmm-mmm, juice comin' out of the teeth...

 Giddy Jeremy. :) (And Eli chompin' on an apple in the background)
 Yeah, that house is okay. Sheesh.
 Ahh!
 After picking apples, we walked back and checked out the farm's little petting zoo.  They had sheep, goats, chickens, and a pig.  Pretty exciting!

 "Connor, you want to touch the pig?"
 The view:

 "Eli, stop throwing leaves on the pig".  Poor pig.
It was a fun day!  And now we have lots of apples to eat. Yum!  We plan on making applesauce, pie, cake, tarts, you know, all the good stuff...

4 comments:

Heidi Worsham said...

Wow, it is gorgeous out there! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't wait to come visit you!!!

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

It looks so beautiful! What a fun day.

Wendy McNiven said...

It looks so beautiful there! I'm trying not to be jealous! We loved apple picking in NJ, those apples are SO delicious, much better than in the stores! You can pick a lot of apples very quickly, too! I'm glad you had fun. I'm glad I get to remember the beautiful fall through your pictures!

Ken and Marlene Astle Family said...

Wow what a fun day! It makes me want to go pick and eat apples. I love farm land too. There is something about getting out and being in nature, smelling the fresh clean air and seeing dirt, trees and lots of blue sky. I grew up on a farm so that was very fun to see all those wide open spaces. I loved the fall colors and the boys eating the apples. You and Jeremy have such a fun family and I am so happy you are enjoying the journey of life and savoring the fun moments. You are a delight to all of us with your fun blogs.