Since we moved the first part of June, I feel like summer has FLOWN by! We were just getting settled before we took off to California for a week and a half, and now all of a sudden it's August? What?? I'm glad no one in our house is in school, so we can just prolong summer until I'm ready for it to be over. :) There's so much I want to do while the weather is nice, so we'll have to see if we get it all done.
Here's what we've been up to the past couple weeks:
- Jeremy and I had a real bonafide DATE the last Friday in July. It was awesome! It was only the 2nd date we'd been on since Anna was born, and it was nice. We went to the Portland temple! We went to the temple a lot in 2012, but we hadn't been in quite a while so it was really nice. I also ran into a friend from BYU Singers in our session and it was so great to see her!
- Anna had her 4-month checkup the day she turned 5 months. We're a little behind over here. But she weighs almost 18 lbs now and is 26.5" long. She rolls from back to tummy all the time and grabs anything and everything she can get her hands on! She still smiles constantly and is really making herself heard these days. Her mouth is always open with something usually in it and she's "singing" away.
- We got invited over to someone's house last Thursday and we had someone else over on Saturday. Yep, that's right, we're actually being social. Go us.
- The kids and I finally made it to the library. It was fun to check it out and get some new books. I'm currently reading "In Defense of Food", by Michael Pollan and it is excellent.
- We bought Jeremy a new suit Friday night and me some new running shoes. Jeremy's old suit was just worn out - literally - he got a big hole in the seat of his pants. So we got him a new one. He looks pretty dapper. And I hadn't gotten new tennis/running shoes in nearly 10 years, so it was time. My old ones were really hurting my feet. Turns out I needed 2 sizes bigger. Yep, thank you three children. My "athletic shoe" size is now 12 (narrow). Hahaha, that's so huge. Whatev. They feel amazing. Now I better use them...
- Our tomatoes are ripening!!! We're so excited we can hardly stand it. We have been eating well this summer. We went to the Farmers' Market on Saturday and stocked up on some great looking produce and then Jeremy picked some wild blackberries later that afternoon. He loves it, he's so cute. We got all the kids down for naps and he asked me if it was okay if he could go. :) Of course! I'm also getting a 25 lb. box of peaches today (for $16!) through someone at church who has a connection. Score!
They're coming!!
We have a quite a few fun things coming up the next couple weeks too, so yes, we're having a grand ole time. I told Jeremy last week that I would be staying here permanently and he's welcome to join me. :) I better not make any good friends, or he'll really have to pry me away. Okay, so maybe I'd miss him, but we're really enjoying the summer here. I'll give it a full year before I really make an opinion, but so far so good. Yesterday it got into the 90s for the first time all summer. Rough life, I know. I always laugh when people say how hot and humid it is here. Really? Try Alabama. Or Iowa. Or Pittsburgh. Or Florida. Or anywhere east of Colorado for that matter. Yeah...
4 comments:
Fun fun! :) I'm so jealous of your constant berry picking! It was so great to talk to you this morning. :)
Come live by me so we can go running together!!
Wow, I'm envious of all the berry picking as well! Sounds so fun! And I am so relieved to hear about your shoe size. I recently got some new tennis shoes, and was sad to be in a size 11 (really I need a 10 1/2, but they don't make that size). I actually remember thinking, "I am shorter than Sarah, why are my feet bigger than hers?" So I'm happy to hear that, haha! :)
Sarah what a great post! i love your happy, witty and entertaining writing style. You are so adventuresome! I am right there with you girls and the bigger feet. I am with Wendy a good solid 10.5 but they do not make that size:). Loved your post! It is true we never heard Anna cry once. I miss that happy little baby.
Sarah you are so fun! I am jealous as well of all the berries and jam and homemade bread and picnics... I am happy to hear I am not the only one whose feet have grown as well. Love you and wish we could live by you and participate in all your fun activities.
Post a Comment