More posts to come - Eli's checkup, what my mom and I have been up to, etc., etc...
Thursday, October 29, 2009
The Kings Singers
I have a lot to blog about, but I'll start with The Kings Singers. My mom and I went to the concert down at BYU last night and it was AMAZING! I got to see them a couple years ago with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but for some reason I enjoyed it even more this time. Maybe because it was a smaller venue, I don't know. Anyway, everything was really entertaining and their blend is just incredible. From the very first sound the baritones made, I was just so excited! Sometimes I forget how much I love good music, and then I am reminded loud and clear. I used to have so many amazing musical experiences everyday at BYU and now they are very rare. I love my ward choir, but you know...I don't need to explain. The concert was so great though and I had such a fun time. Jeremy watched Eli (thank you honey!) and as I was driving on the freeway to meet my mom down in Provo, I was trying to remember the last time I went out like this by MYSELF. I couldn't remember. It was pretty exciting. After the concert I got to meet a couple of the singers and then of course I spent forever talking to all my old choir friends. It was so fun! Then my mom, Heidi, and 2 of her roommates and I all went out for ice cream. We didn't get home until 11:45! I can't remember the last time I was up that late because I was out partying, not up with Eli. :) It was kind of exciting. And Eli was a sweetheart and slept amazingly well last night, so I don't even feel dead today. Yea!!! Anyway, here are some pictures from last night:
I felt like a little teeny-bopper wanting to get pictures with all of them. :) These are the only two I saw after, but supposedly they all (all 6 of them) came out to the lobby after to sign CDs and meet people. They were very nice. Above: Heidi and I with Timothy Wayne-Wright, countertenor. Below: Heidi and I with Christopher Gabbitas, baritone.

Then my mom and her 2 youngest. :) Heidi looked so cute. Her roommate Brianna curled her hair and she looked like a babe! BYU Singers sang 3 songs with the Kings Singers, so that was fun. It was mostly just the KS, but the BYU Singers and Concert Choir have a concert in 2 weeks that we're going to, so that will be fun to see more of them. And Heidi is accompanying 4 of the songs! Woohoo! Go Heid!
More posts to come - Eli's checkup, what my mom and I have been up to, etc., etc...
More posts to come - Eli's checkup, what my mom and I have been up to, etc., etc...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the picture of you, Heidi, and your mom. You are so beautiful...plus I can't wait to try the enchilada recipe!
Sounds like so much fun! Heidi looks gorgeous and so do you Sarah!
How fun to see three of my favorite girls together! I am glad that you are having such a good time, but I have to say that I REALLY miss your mom and am anxiously looking forward to her return!
Wow, it sounds like so much fun. I wish I could have gone with you! I love Heidi's hair, and you and mom are ALWAYS beautiful.
Post a Comment